Thursday, October 29, 2009

Iconic Packaging

1.The packaging of a product is very important in the marketing of a product. If a product has good packaging, then it will be much more memorable and stand out more amongst its competitors. Packaging creates an image for the product and that influences who, and how likely on is to buy it.
I was influenced to buy some white t-shirts based on the design of the packaging, but not because the packaging was a memorable, colorful, or exciting design. I chose boxers with that package design because I could feel the shirts, and knew that they were what I wanted

2.Some products with iconic packaging are Quaker Oatmeal, Jif Peanut butter, iPod bags, and red bull.

3. Packaging should protect the product, but sometimes it is too hard to open--one time I cut my hand on hard-to-open plastic packaging. Some packaging makes the actual misleading how large or the quantity inside the package. The packaging can also can make it harder to display on shelves if it is large or oddly shaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment