Monday, November 23, 2009

last post

1.The most rewarding exercises was the egg drop because the egg survived the fall. Most of the readings were interesting, especially the readings about behavioral design, and about package design. The assignment that I found most challenging was the analysis of a retail store because I was not sure what to put in the powerpoint, and what to put in the spoken part of the presentation. Also I ended up walking several miles to get to the store (unfortunately farther than I thought it was) so I could not return to the store to take pictures or looks at aspects of the store over again.

2. In seminar this year I learned that products are designed based on combinations of visceral, behavioral and reflective design. Another thing that I learned is that when a product does not work the way I want or is complicated, that it is not necessarily me doing something wrong, that sometimes there is a problem with the way a product is designed.

3. In the future when buying products I will pay attention more to how products are designed. Just because a product is more expensive or looks complicated. does not necessarily make it designed better--most times the better design is simpler than other designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment